- Causes on Google AMP & Disover traffic drop
- How to diagnose it
- Expectations once the next broad algorithm takes place and continuing the recovery process.
- A broad Google algorithm happened in September 2019, and publishers plagued with technical issues, particularly from AMP has experienced this issue
- There has been a change in how Google discovers News and Discover content. News is now algorithmically determined rather than indexed
- According to Search Metrics, AMP is important as it drives 25-75% (depending on your niche) of publishers mobile organic search traffic
- Review paramater URL’s, caching and markups identified in Google Search Console in order to fix any technical SEO issues.
- Improve your Google News Coverage by following the latest guidelines, with the addition of included updated AMP cache dates and article structured markup
- Even if you recover, it doesn’t mean your traffic will bounce back. Focus on creating original and quality news articles.
- “AMP is important as it drives 25-75% (depending on your niche) of publishers mobile organic search traffic”