fbpx

    The State of Fake News And Reviews With Chase Palmieri – S2 EP 15

    Fact checked by Vahe Arabian
    Vahe Arabian

    Founder and Editor in Chief of State of Digital Publishing. My vision is to provide digital publishing and media professionals a platform to collaborate and promote their efforts, my passion is to uncover talent and… Read more

    Edited by Vahe Arabian
    Vahe Arabian

    Founder and Editor in Chief of State of Digital Publishing. My vision is to provide digital publishing and media professionals a platform to collaborate and promote their efforts, my passion is to uncover talent and…Read more

    Chase Palmieri Cover

    Founder and Editor in Chief of State of Digital Publishing. My vision is to provide digital publishing and media professionals a platform to collaborate and...Read more

    Chase Palmieri, Co-Founder and CEO of Credder, talks to your host Vahe Arabian of State of Digital Publishing. Chase talks Credder, that is creating a trusted review site for news media articles for journalists and the public. Chase Palmieri also talks about the elements that make articles more credible, how Credder compares to other rating sites like Rotten Tomatoes and Yelp, and the types of publishers that will need Credder’s services. 

     

    Episode Highlights:

    • Chase Palmieri shares what Credder does and his personal background in online news. 
    • How has the ‘Rotten Tomatoes for news consumers’ motto benefitted Credder? 
    • How does Credder work for authors and outlets? 
    • What has been done to grow the audience? 
    • How do they find journalists and authors? 
    • How has Twitter and Facebook dealt with fake news?  
    • Is there going to be AI for news and decentralization involved with Credder? 
    • What is Chase’s opinion on tech solution providers in the market? 
    • What should publishers do to establish credibility?  
    • What elements can make articles more credible?   
    • Chase shares his thoughts on the curation and sharing of articles.
    • Why is there often a discrepancy between critic ratings and user ratings?  
    • What does the future look like for Credder?   
    • Are there any challenges that Chase Palmieri is facing? 
    • What advice does he have for entrepreneurs in this space?   

     

    Stay up to date on the latest news, trends, and best practices in digital publishing.

    3 Key Points:

    1.   Credder enables smaller outlets that are looking to be reviewed to gain credibility that larger outlets like the New York Times already have. 
    2.   Stronger engagement and perceived trust-worthiness requires: niche, vertical, in-depth journalism, not overlinking to the author’s own articles, providing sources, headlines that fit the article, and letting the facts speak for themselves and not opinions.  

     

    Tweetable Quotes:

    • “We essentially believe that news should be competing for trust, not clicks, and so we are on a mission to help the state of online news shift from an economy of clicks to an economy of credibility.” – Chase Palmieri
    • “It is a little strange of us in society to call on Facebook or Twitter to solve the fake news problem. I think Facebook and Twitter would much rather someone else solve the problem and integrate that.” – Chase Palmieri
    • “These other review sites, it is only 1% of their user base that is actually leaving the reviews and it is 99% of their users that are coming to reference the ratings so that they can make a better purchase decision.” – Chase Palmieri
       

      Referenced links:

     

    laptop-with-rocket-launch-cartoon-icon-illustratio

    PUBLISHER SEO COURSE

    Learn proven strategies to maximize traffic to your digital publication by leveraging tried and tested technical and content SEO strategies.

    GET THE INSIDE SCOOP ON PROVEN STRATEGIES FOR DIGITAL PUBLISHERS

    Related posts

    Receive timely analysis of news and developments in the digital publishing space directly in your mailbox.

    online course

    Publisher SEO

    Learn a technical and content SEO strategy that helps digital publishers increase their organic traffic by 100-500%.

    online course

    Publisher SEO

    Learn a technical and content SEO strategy that helps digital publishers increase their organic traffic by 100-500%.