Founder and Editor in Chief of State of Digital Publishing. My vision is to provide digital publishing and media professionals a platform to collaborate and...Read more
John Saroff, Chief Executive Officer of Chartbeat, talks to your host Vahe Arabian of State of Digital Publishing about the state of content intelligence. Chartbeat is a company that assists digital publishing organizations with understanding what exactly about their content is keeping the audience interested.
Stay up to date on the latest news, trends, and best practices in digital publishing.
- John Saroff explains his personal background as well as with Chartbeat.
- What does content intelligence mean?
- Where did the innovation of content intelligence come from?
- Where are we at with content intelligence publishing solutions?
- What are some of the common roadblocks that Chatbeat faces?
- How does real-time metrics impact the publishing industry?
- What is ‘engaged time’ as it pertains to Chartbeat.
- What are some of the stats and benchmarks of Chartbeat user loyalty?
- John Saroff discusses segmented personalization.
- What are John’s operational tips for audience outreach?
- What does John Saroff see as the future of content intelligence and the role of AI in it?
3 Key Points:
- John Saroff defines content intelligence as the fusion of analytics, real-time metrics to make decisions in real time, and also testing language, images, words, and layouts.
- Culture eats strategy for breakfast.
- Part of your brand is being current and up to date, which requires real-time feedback.
- “Generalized products don’t work for content creators.” – John Saroff
- “We really believe that you’re not just buying a piece of software, you are buying 70 people in New York City who are uniquely dedicated to helping you grow your audience.” – John Saroff
- “There are some billionaires who bought into journalism because they want to be journalists. But nobody went the other way, and they did it because they want to be heard.” – John Saroff