John Saroff, Chief Executive Officer of Chartbeat, talks to your host Vahe Arabian of State of Digital Publishing about the state of content intelligence. Chartbeat is a company that assists digital publishing organizations with understanding what exactly about their content is keeping the audience interested.
- John Saroff explains his personal background as well as with Chartbeat.
- What does content intelligence mean?
- Where did the innovation of content intelligence come from?
- Where are we at with content intelligence publishing solutions?
- What are some of the common roadblocks that Chatbeat faces?
- How does real-time metrics impact the publishing industry?
- What is ‘engaged time’ as it pertains to Chartbeat.
- What are some of the stats and benchmarks of Chartbeat user loyalty?
- John Saroff discusses segmented personalization.
- What are John’s operational tips for audience outreach?
- What does John Saroff see as the future of content intelligence and the role of AI in it?
3 Key Points:
- John Saroff defines content intelligence as the fusion of analytics, real-time metrics to make decisions in real time, and also testing language, images, words, and layouts.
- Culture eats strategy for breakfast.
- Part of your brand is being current and up to date, which requires real-time feedback.
- “Generalized products don’t work for content creators.” – John Saroff
- “We really believe that you’re not just buying a piece of software, you are buying 70 people in New York City who are uniquely dedicated to helping you grow your audience.” – John Saroff
- “There are some billionaires who bought into journalism because they want to be journalists. But nobody went the other way, and they did it because they want to be heard.” – John Saroff